What is Organic SEO?
Defining Organic SEO
By Jeremy Ashburn
March 4th, 2016
At Pushleads, our vision is to increase your website’s profitability” by doing three things: Pay Per Click, Organic SEO, and Conversion Optimization. So, what do these things mean? Let’s look a three quick definitions.
- Pay Per Click are ads that show up at the top of Google that drive instant traffic to your website.
- Organic SEO is making your website show up at the top of Google in the normal results (not ads).
- Conversion Optimization is improving the design, layout, and content on your site to make it easier for people to contact you (called conversions).
So, what exactly do we mean by when we say that we do Organic SEO? Sure, we could give you various technical definitions, but we’re not going to do that here. Organic SEO simply means that we do the “inside tweaks” on your site to make it start showing up in Google.
This process involves:
- Keyword Research – The goal is find the best search phrases, called Keywords, for your business. This process involves putting 500+ keywords through two rounds research to find the best search phrases that your site should ranking for.
- Onsite SEO – Our focus here is to place the best keywords on the best places of your site to make it show up in Google. In this phase, we pick the best keywords and adjust the content on all the pages of your site accordingly.
- Content Marketing – Search Engines like Google need fresh content on your site to take your business seriously. This content Marketing phrase involves researching content ideas, assigning articles to our team of writing professionals, publishing them on your site, and notifying Google of the new content on your site.
- OffSite SEO – This 4th stage is all about improving your site’s reputation by increasing the links that point to your site from other sites. This process involves putting high quality content on other sites (blogs, articles directories, and social media) and linking back to your site.
Organic SEO’s Pros & Cons
For every high there is a low! As with everything in life, there are Pro’s and Con’s to doing Organic SEO. Let’s look at these briefly:
- More Traffic – Once you’re website shows up on Google’s First page, you’ll receive double or triple the amount of traffic within a 30 to 90 day period. This is good, however, the next point is even better!
- Targeted Traffic – Targeted traffic is visitors who find your site for exact search phrases that you want to be found for. Ideally, when visitors come to your site via target search phrases, they’ll either call you, email you, or submit a contact form so they can have a discussion with you.
- Improved Reputation – As more links and traffic flow into your site, you website will gain a better reputation online and continue to show up on Google’s first page for more keywords.
- Takes Time – One of the most frustrating aspects to Organic SEO is how long it takes. The Organic SEO process usually three to six months to “push” your website to Google’s First page for the keywords that we’ve chosen. One reason for this “longer waiting period” is that Google wants to ensure that your company isn’t spamming Google with low quality content.
- Is a Guessing Game – Since we’re not bringing traffic directly to your site through Pay Per Click, we’re basically guessing on which keywords are best. That’s a risk because ideally we’d like to use Pay Per Click to determine the best keywords.
- Isn’t an Exact Science – Google is a Search Algorithm, an “Artificial Intelligence” if you will. In some cases, your website will rank on Google’s First within 30 days for some keywords, while in other cases will take 90 days or longer. This is the “nature of the beast” and due in part to the way Google and other search engines work.
Get a Free Business Evaluation
We’ve love to have the opportunity to get started with a free 1 hour Marketing Evaluation. To prepare for the evaluation, we focus on hours of keyword research, discover which keywords your business isn’t ranking for, and form a strategy that will grow your business. The evaluation consists of a hour meeting where we explain the results of our research, discuss our marketing strategy, and vividly show you how we can grow your business.
Just call us at 828-348-7686 to get started with your evaluation.
What's Your SEO Score?
Enter the URL of any landing page or blog article and see how optimized it is for one keyword or phrase.