What to Know About SEO
What to Know About SEO
By Jeremy Ashburn
March 12, 2015
Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, for short.
It really doesn’t matter how you say it…these words are very confusing to the normal business person. Sure, I could give you the long, technical definition, but it might just confuse you. For simplicity, let’s define SEO as “pushing websites to Google’s first page” without paying Google. At Pushleads, we use a variety of approved methods to gently push your website closer and closer to the top of Google. That’s it. Short and simple.
Our SEO process
Now that you know what SEO is, its time to learn our seo process. So, how do we “push websites to the top of Google”? Again, we’ll be doing things as simply as possible here.
- Step 1 – Keyword Research – We research hundreds of search phrases to find the best search phrases for your website. When we bring on a new client, we usually research about 500 keywords and narrow that list down to the best 20-30 keywords.
- Step 2 – Optimizing Your Site – After finding the best keywords, we then place them in the best places on your site to make your company show up on Google’s first page. This involves things like making changes to your website’s page titles, descriptions, and content on the pages.
- Step 3 – Content Marketing – The last step involves arranging the content on your site so that everything flows to the pages that we want to show up on Google’s first page. After we do that, we use our team of writing professionals to write more relevant content about your company, as pages and blog posts. The links from these pages help to increase the ranking process.
SEO Pros and Cons
f course, nothing’s perfect. SEO, just like everything else, has its Pros and Cons.
- More Traffic – As we continue with our SEO process, your website will move closer and closer and eventually show up on Google’s first page. Once this happens, your website will receive 5%, 10%, or maybe 30% more traffic than what it had before our process. As time continues to progress, your site will get more and more visitors and continue to grow.
- Targeted Traffic – What’s better than having more traffic on your site? Targeted Traffic! As we continue with our SEO process, you’ll start seeing visitors come to your site from target search phrases. Once they land on your site, you’ll start seeing visitors interacting with your site, by doing things like calling you, emailing you, or submitting a contact form.
- Improved Reputation – As more links, energy, and traffic flow to your site, it will gain a better reputation online. Once this really starts to happen, “things will snowball” and you’ll get more and more links and traffic to your site. As this happens, your site will continue to show up on Google’s first page for more keywords.
- Takes Time – The organic SEO process usually takes 30, 60, or 90 days to move or “push” your website to Google’s first page for the keywords that we’ve chosen.
- Isn’t an Exact Science – Your website will rank on Google’s first page within 30 days for some keywords, while others will take 90 days or longer. This is the “nature of the beast” and due in part to the way Google and other search engines work.
What’s Your SEO Score?
Enter the URL of any landing page or blog article and see how optimized it is for one keyword or phrase.