20 SEO Tips for 2018
20 SEO Tips for Success in 2018
More Business. More Customers. Less Effort.
1. Keyword Research
Of course, Keyword Research is the best place you should start when doing any type of SEO Campaign. Keyword Research is important because it tells you exactly what people are really searching for in Google. Without that data, you’ll relying on a best guess as to what people are looking for. That’s a horrible way to run any business!
Keyword Research involves targeting and optimizing for the right keyword for your business. Most SEO beginners make the mistake of not optimizing their sites for any keywords, trying to optimize for too many keywords, or optimizing for keywords that are unimportant.
The best way to avoid making that same mistake is the optimize each page and blog post on their site for just one main keyword. When writing content for a page or blog post, simply ask yourself “what is this page all about?” The answer to that question will lead you down the path of finding the best keyword for that page.
Before going any further, take that search into Google and do a Google search for that keyword. Doing this will help you understand what the best result will be for that keyword. So, if you see results that are the same as where you’re trying to rank, than that’s a great keyword. If the results are totally different from what you are trying to rank, that keyword probably isn’t the best keyword to use.
2. Consider Search Intent
While doing keyword research, it’s totally possible to come across an amazing keyword that has high volume that looks good. However, just because a keyword has high research volume doesn’t mean that it’s a great keyword.
What you have to remember is that there are three different types of searches:
- Informational Searches: searches when someone is looking for the answer of something or they want to learn more about it.
- Navigational Searches: searches when someone is looking for a specific website or brand.
- Buying Searches: this is a search when someone is looking to buy something and is ready to pull the trigger.
If you’re wanting to rank for keywords that bring value to your business, you’ll want to target keywords that have a relevant intent. Ask yourself if people who are searching for that keyword are likely to buy what you are selling? Do you have a clear way to convert that web visitor into a lead? What about the Search Volume? Is the search volume high enough to consider going after that keyword?
If that answer to any of these questions is a no, then you’ve got the wrong keyword.
3. Answer Questions with Compelling Content
Sites like Quora are great places to finding keyword and content ideas. What you want to do is try to find questions that have been asked many times. This means that the question is super popular because it keeps coming up over and over. It can also mean that there aren’t good answers on Google for that particular question. This means that you’ve got a huge opportunity to answer those questions yourself in well written blog posts, infographics, or video posts. The better you answer common questions, the greater you’ll have a chance to grab a number one spot in Google with a compelling piece of content.
Another great way to find questions is to use the Moz Keyword Explorer tool. Their Keyword explorer is so awesome because it allows you to discover common questions. From there, you can begin to come up with content that answers those questions.
Here’s how to use the tool:
1. Login to the Moz Keyword Explorer tool.
2. Do a Search for a keyword.
3. Select see all suggestions
4. On Display keyword suggestions click the down carrot and select are questions.
5. Make a list of great questions to start using in content.
4. Understand Google's Rankbrain
4. Understand Google's Rankbrain
In 2015, Google announced that a new piece of their algorithm called RankgBrain would become a major ranking factor.
What’s Your SEO Score?
Enter the URL of any landing page or blog article and see how optimized it is for one keyword or phrase.
Pay Per Click
Improving the design, layout, and content on your site to make it easier for people to contact you, use your services, or buy your products.
- 20 SEO Tips for 2018
- 5 Tips for Finding Amazing Asheville Marketing Jobs
- 8 Reasons Why Your Business Needs Local SEO Services
- About Us
- Affordable Small Business SEO Services
- Asheville Search Engine Optimization
- Contact Us
- Effective Asheville Marketing for Your Local Business
- Free SEO Audit
- How to Hire the Best Search Engine Company
- Keyword Research
- Local Business SEO Services
- Local Marketing Asheville
- Local SEO Company Asheville NC
- Our Clients
- Powerful OnSite SEO
- Professional SEO Services Agency
- PushLeads Gives Your Business the Best Web Promotion Marketing
- PushLeads Has Best Web Promotion Services
- Quality OffSite SEO
- search engine marketing company asheville nc
- search engine optimization companies nc
- SEO Audit Thank You
- SEO Company Asheville
- SEO Expert Asheville
- SEO Experts Asheville
- SEO Optimization Tool
- SEO Services Asheville
- SEO Specialist Asheville
- Social Media Marketing Services that Grow Your Business
- Terms and Conditions
- Thank You
- Why Facebook FanPages Matter
- Harvesting Leads For Your Business
- Listening to Your Business Needs
- Designing a Beautiful Site
- Learn About the PushLeads Process
- Ranking Your Site in Google
- Growing Your Business
- About Us Orig
- Contact Us Today for Free Growth Evaluation
- Our Services